Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I know I haven't written in a while but I am feeling nostalgic today and I wanted to share. I miss the old days, the days of simplicity. The days when men were ruggad, hardworking and the woman were caregivers and they were truly the essence of a woman. Maybe that is a little to old fashion for some, however I can be an old fashion girl at times. I am probably one of the few twenty somethings who sits and watches the Turner Classic Movie channel and dreams of being Grace Kelly. When you look around now it's hard to find men and woman who still act in this way. However there are two people that come to my mind when I think of ruggad men and elegant woman; My granparents Ford & Josephine Johns. They've been married for 62 years and raised 5 children together. I admire the love they have for each other. She still tells me how cute she thinks he is, and you know how he adores her. Both of them are in their 80's now and he still works just hard as ever and I don't think I've ever seen her without a little bit of makeup and never without her jewlery. I admire her style and grace and his strength and intergrity. I truly love the legacy that they will both leave.

There are 2 of my favorite pictures of them depicting them just as they will always look to me.

Louie Ford Johns















Josephine Geneva (Tyner) Johns



1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! I just love this post so much! I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete